Nappy Washing Advice
- Dry Pail Nappies
- Pre-rinse by hand or quick cycle (which empties the drum so the nasties disappear), then pop your pre-rinsed nappies in dry pail until ready for a full load
- Bulk up your load by adding clothes after the pre-rinse stage
- Wash every 2/3 days ideally, however you can extend this out if pre-rinsing nappies on a short cycle each day.
- Secure velcro laundry tabs before washing.
- Follow the full dose recommendations according to your detergent packaging for heavily soiled items.
- Wool covers need separate washing routine. See our Wool Advice page.
- A good wash routine will prevent your nappies staining or smelly however you may use a booster or stain remover such as Vanish or Sard Soap/Spray Stain Remover after the pre-rinse stage.
- With a great wash routine you should not need to perform a strip & santise, however if you find you have stinky nappies then get in touch with HQ.
- When you find your washing mojo don’t change a thing!
What Not to Do
- Do NOT soak/wet pail any modern cloth nappy products
- Do NOT use chlorine based bleach or fabric softener on your nappies
- Do NOT let sit in the nappy bucket for longer than 3 days
- Do NOT dry in a HOT dryer or leave in extreme summer heat
- Do NOT wash nappies with towels, bedding or sheets
- Do NOT use a short cycle for your main wash
- Prepping Your Nappies For Use